Need an affordable bankruptcy solution? Meet with an experienced Columbus bankruptcy lawyer at Bergman & Yiangou to discuss your options. Your initial consultation is free.
To file bankruptcy you will need to bring the list of items below to your follow-up consultation. For a printable checklist, please click on the .pdf icon below.
* Note: The United States bankruptcy code requires all debtors complete this course prior to filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy case.
- Four (4) years of federal tax returns (with W-2s)
- Six (6) months of pay advices – for both husband and wife
- Motor vehicle titles (white memo and clear titles)
- Proof of insurance (home and auto)
- Cash value of any life insurance policies with proof of beneficiary
- Driver’s License
- Social Security card
- Retirement plan statements (401K, deferred compensation, IRA)
- All lawsuits
- All bills (no duplicates)
- Pre-bankruptcy credit counseling certificate