Personal Injury FAQ

Click on a question below to view the answer.

What do I do if I'm injured in an auto accident or by someone else?

If you are injured in a vehicle accident or due to the negligence of another person or organization, you should do your best to document how the injury occurred.  If it is an auto accident, you should call the police so that a report can be taken.  You should also seek immediate medical attention for your injuries and provide the doctor with an accurate description of your symptoms and of how the injury happened.

Why do I need a personal injury attorney?

It is very important to obtain a good personal injury attorney for your claim so that a proper investigation can be performed.  This may include taking statements from witnesses, photographs, and the involvement of expert witnesses on your behalf.  An experienced personal injury attorney will also oversee the management and organization of your medical treatment and the bills for such treatment.  Contact the Law Offices at Bergman & Yiangou for a free consultation.

Should I talk to the other party's insurance representative?

You should not give a recorded statement prior to, at least, speaking to a knowledgeable personal injury attorney.  Obviously, you want to tell the truth in any statement, but you do not want to say anything that would hurt your case or prevent you from collecting money legally owed to you.

Is Ohio a no-fault state for car accidents?

Ohio is not a no-fault state.  That means that the party or driver that caused the accident should be responsible for injuries suffered in a car accident.

How long do I have to file a claim?

If you are injured in a car accident, you will likely have two years from the date of the accident to settle or file your claim.  You should, however, contact an experienced attorney to review the statute of limitations for your personal injury case.

Contact the Law Offices at Bergman & Yiangou for solid legal representation.